Sunday, August 9, 2009

shaving shadows

Our bathroom is in the process of being renovated and we don't have a mirror in there right now so Jerzy keeps his shaving things in a plastic container on the kitchen table and shaves with a small mirror propped on the shelf over our kitchen sink. When I pass that container at certain times of the day I am halted by the wonderful reflections caused by the sun passing through the window, through those shaving items, and through the plastic container. There is a scientific term for this but it's not coming to me right now. Voila! Art and inspiration!









10 comments:

jo horswill said...

Kate, thank goodness for you...to be able to find such beauty on a kitchen shelf, has got to be a gift!!! Love these soothing, calming images :) Jo xx

ArtPropelled said...

Something so simple and yet you have created facets of beauty. Each one an abstract work of art.

Poetic Artist said...

I found you through Jo blog and I am glad I did..I love shadow shots and these are wonderful..
Thanks for sharing.
Katelen

Jeane Myers said...

beautirul - you have such an amazing eye :)

mansuetude said...

ahhh ... yes! that blue, the subtlty... these are the things that catch me up all the time.

thanks for spreading the oft missed beauty.

frannie said...

Beautiful images, Kate.

Megan Coyle said...

wow, I'm loving the dreamy shadows you've created. Great images.

lynne h said...

it all looks like it's underwater, kate... dreamy and ethereal...

i just clicked on 'follow' so i'll know you're posting now... : )

xo

Andi Stern said...

I loved the blue of my dad's Aqua Velva when I was a little kid, thank you for that memory :)

kate said...

jo...I think that may be my special superpower :)

robyn...yes, it is the simplicity that I love and the abstract nature of the images.

poetic artist...so nice to see you here. I am behind in my comments and in visiting other blogs but slowly I am re-engaging. I look forward to seeing you on yours.

jeane...thanks! It's my joy...

mansuetude...I thought you'd like these. The subtle, the blue, and the blurry.

frannie...merci!

megan...thanks!

lynne...there is a certain watery aquatic feeling to these images.

andrea...thanks for visiting. I imagine you are not the only one who has those nice associations. There is definitely something evocative about that particular blue.