Saturday, June 21, 2008

simple things...

My partner, Jerzy (he's the gardener in the family), brought in a beautiful rose this morning. So fragile and delicately fragrant. He put it in one of our favourite glass vases. I made this vase many years ago at a glass-blowing workshop and it is very clunky and not at all a finely-crafted object, but I love the blobs of glass stuck to the sides. Somehow, it's me! I decided to photograph it for the blog so I took it out onto the porch where I discovered the wonderful way the light passed through these blobs. Below are the photographs, capturing the sensuous glass and its interplay with the light. Simple things are so inspiring!

2 comments:

jo horswill said...

Beautiful photo's Kate. I too love the interplay between the light & shadow, shape & form.

“It is always the simple that produces the marvelous."
Amelia E Barr

kate said...

Jo...what a lovely quote. So true.