Friday, October 9, 2009

nunavik

As you are reading this I am in Nunavik. I'm here for 6 days doing some consulting work in Kangirsuk. I had the privilege of visiting Nunavik for 6 weeks in 2007 and thought I'd share some of my favourite images from that time until I'm back to share some new ones. The ruggedness of the rocks and the plants really reached into my soul and I've been yearning for them ever since. I'm doing this via the magic of a scheduled post because I doubt that I will have internet access here! By the time you see this post I will be winding up my trip here and gearing up to post my new photos. Stay tuned for next week...

9 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

geez, Kate, you've got the eye and I mean that in a good way :)

ArtPropelled said...

Interesting rocks. The top one looks like it has ribs.

lynne h said...

i agree with jeane - and no doubt about it!!

i just looked at the map of nunavik (through your link) and there's so much water there. wow... what a beautiful place...

xo

mansuetude said...

wow
those people look fascinating.. and i bet the fish are deliciously clean there.

beautiful!

jo horswill said...

Stunning images Kate...you have really captured the soul of the landscape with these. Looking forward to seeing more.

layers said...

I love the weathered textures and simple subdued colors and the plants.

frannie said...

Your photography is like your art pieces, so sensitive and sensual.

kate said...

jeane...I'm winking at you with my eyes!

robyn...I loved that photo so much that I turned it into my logo for art vein studio. It's on my business card and my website. It sounds crazy but I feel I have a relationship with that rock. I look forward to returning to the small community where it lives so I can say hello to it again.

lynne...water and rocks as far as the eye can see. No roads. A beautiful place.

mansuetude...the fish is indeed very good there. Arctic Char is a specialty!

jo...more to come!

layers...me too!

frannie...what a kind thing to say!

jo...

anne frederique ferret said...

oooo comme j'aime ces photos...
wouah... quel beau pays!